A British radio station pleaded guilty last Friday
to injuring four listeners who suffered severe frostbite
after sitting on dry ice for a competition.
After the 'Coolest Seats In Town' challenge by BRMB
radio in Birmingham, the participants -- aged between
15 and 30 -- had to be hospitalized and suffered scarring.
'We pleaded guilty and have been fined 15,000 pounds
($25,000),' a spokesman for BRMB told Reuters.
The Health and Safety Executive, the safety watchdog
which brought the prosecution, said the temperature
of the dry ice -- frozen carbon dioxide -- was minus
108.40 degrees Fahrenheit.